cheaptickets.com made the right choice - power to the social profit bringers

Congrats to our www.cheaptickets.com contest winner: Brendan Walsh!
Brendan is artistic genius, who we got to know one day in Jinja, Uganda. (I shouted him out before because of his great ONLINE cd 'Letters and Veins'.)

Brendan, in my eyes, is a perfect example of somebody who uses the internet as a WORLD LEADER! Not waiting for his big-shot-breakthrough - he's just putting on the web what he loves to do! You should follow him too. He's gonna get far! And here is the greatest part: Brendan and his friend Jim are in the preps of starting a non-profit that want to make inspirational video's for ... NGO's! They would love to travel to countries like Ugandan (where i got to know him from in the first place) and shoot video's, edit them, and then give them to the NGO's for their causes! Thats empowerment right there. Most NGO's could never afford to 'hire' a team of profs!

Anyway, his story is too funny to me. To do so, he would have to travel a lot. A whole lot.
Travel is expensive. How great would it be if they could fly for free? Or maybe a start-up budget of ... $50,000?
His girlfriend told him about this competition of www.cheaptickets.com about making a TV-ad. Grand price? $50,000 in FREE airline travel!
That night he dreamed about HOW HE SHOULD DO IT, and --- even funnier to me --- in his dream he saw himself go in his dads garage, to get all the props for the video.
Next day - he goes in his dads garage, and him and his friend Jim (who also won the second price in the competition) made the video at the end of this blog.
LONG story short... he got all their friends to vote for him... AND THEY WON!!!

Lesson to learn: Do what you love to do - and tell somebody. Not only will it inspire that person, but one day you'll reap some great rewards. Brendan did - and so can you.


Fishing Season from Brendan Walsh on Vimeo.

4 comments:

  1. Since we are on the topic of pinging, this is yet
    another reason given by Wordpress users of why they prefer this blogging platform.

    Secondly it truly is entirely absolutely free to make use of.
    This method is considered one of the fastest ways to get your blog indexed by Yahoo.


    my web blog :: WP Social Press Review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there, You have done a great job. I'll certainly digg it and personally suggest to my friends. I'm
    sure they will be benefited from this web site.

    Also visit my webpage plytki podlogowe

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend not to leave a response, but I browsed through some responses
    on this page "cheaptickets.com made the right choice - power to the social profit bringers".
    I actually do have a couple of questions for you if you tend
    not to mind. Could it be simply me or does it give the impression like some of the remarks
    look like they are written by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are posting on additional social sites,
    I'd like to keep up with everything new you have to post. Would you make a list of every one of all your shared pages like your linkedin profile, Facebook page or twitter feed?

    Feel free to surf to my site ... plytki podlogowe

    ReplyDelete
  4. After looking at a number of the blog posts on your blog, I truly
    like your way of writing a blog. I book-marked it to my bookmark website list and will be checking back soon.
    Please visit my web site too and tell me how
    you feel.

    Look into my page; terakota

    ReplyDelete

Great you wanna leave a comment - that's why I write.
Feel free to DM me if you have private issues to chat about :)