How to make sure your files, photos and video are safe

It hurts me to even admit this... but I should have NEVER had to pay for crashing a SECOND harddisk - with NO BACK-UP! Last time Ferdinand got to safe my life ... but this time I was out of luck...
Of course, all the advise you get after you something totally stupid is all well-meant... but never the less... TO LATE!

So - here are three ways you can make sure you'll never have to pay 1500 euro to get your files in a SAFE place - - - far from stupid little mistakes!


3 Tips on keeping your super important files safe from a crash!

1: Mirror your hard disk every week manually

You can find some good programs on this blog
I've always wanted to do this... but just never find the PATIENTS to do it on an ongoing basis. But maybe it will work for you!

2. Put your most important files in Dropbox
I have used Dropbox for almost two years now, and it works AMAZING!
Only problem is - even after having ALL your friends join Dropbox, you still only get 16gb of space. More than enough for most files you have - but I am reaching total Full-house on this one.

3. Clone your hard drive in the Cloud
This service has my preference... simply because it happens when you're not even paying attention to it.
You select the disks you want to have synced with a cloud, and the rest goes by itself.
I am using Livedrive after my friend Nathan introduced me to it. It just made sense reading what they do for you. And it was affortable. Starting at $7 per month - my plan is the Livedrive-pro-suite version for $19(ish) per month, because now I can sync all our computers together! We'll see how it works for the long-term. At least they have a good 'money-back' policy.

Extra advantages to cloning in the cloud:

  • Access to your files from ANYWHERE! As long as you have internet access... and a device that's has LiveDrive installed or access too the web.
  • Back-ups of the HISTORY of your files. Not sure if you saved the right version of the document? Just go back in time! Up to 30 changes to the document!
  • Your files seem to be safe until eternity! 
What are other ways of protecting your data for that fatal crash (that crash that would cost you too much)?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great you wanna leave a comment - that's why I write.
Feel free to DM me if you have private issues to chat about :)