Because I'm working on 3 big projects at the moment, and I feel the danger that I'm going to work on the wrong things ... loosing too much time in things that are important - but have the potential to take over...
What am I talking about? The time you should spent on Social Media. It's a fact: it's not going away... It's a fact: it helps businesses, individuals and good causes to connect with their followers. Their tribes.
But it's also a fact that it is very time consuming. It seems proven that it's only effective when you are consistent. It's proven that people get annoyed when you make simple mistakes (like posting private tweets on your business twitter account!!!) But I'm a living proof that Social Media can also take away valuable time. If I let the Social Media monster do his thing, I find myself checking all my channels ALL the time. As if I'm missing something when I don't... I feel captivated. But often times with a feeling of failure... What am I doing with my time. Every time I take my phone to do a 'quick' scan, I find myself lost in endless lists of little facts that are not too important...
For the next 60 days I will channelize my Social Media time to one period a day. That period will be 30 minutes. Not longer. And no more. (the hardest part will be breaking the habit of watching 'the responses')
What am I talking about? The time you should spent on Social Media. It's a fact: it's not going away... It's a fact: it helps businesses, individuals and good causes to connect with their followers. Their tribes.
But it's also a fact that it is very time consuming. It seems proven that it's only effective when you are consistent. It's proven that people get annoyed when you make simple mistakes (like posting private tweets on your business twitter account!!!) But I'm a living proof that Social Media can also take away valuable time. If I let the Social Media monster do his thing, I find myself checking all my channels ALL the time. As if I'm missing something when I don't... I feel captivated. But often times with a feeling of failure... What am I doing with my time. Every time I take my phone to do a 'quick' scan, I find myself lost in endless lists of little facts that are not too important...
- John Simple has invited you to play Farm Ville.
- Jacky Joe wants to add your birthday to 'my calendar'. S
- haniqua TheQueen; ilmao! u 2 cute!!!!
- bla bla bla!
And all I wanted to 'know' is how many people responded to MY messages...
Anyway! I decided I was going to take myself and 2 other projects I work on an experiment.
For the next 60 days I will channelize my Social Media time to one period a day. That period will be 30 minutes. Not longer. And no more. (the hardest part will be breaking the habit of watching 'the responses')
My goal:
- Great content
- Bigger Networks
- Greater dialog with my tribes (thanks Seth Godin for giving that word new meaning!)
- Seeing if this will work.
How will I show that it's 30 minutes? I will film everyday, and do a promise:
I will only use Social Media 30 minutes a day!
I feel I might have to add a small apology: If I CAN'T resist the temptation to see if anybody started responding to anything I do in those 30 minutes - I will only LOOK - and not do anything else.
I feel I might have to add a small apology: If I CAN'T resist the temptation to see if anybody started responding to anything I do in those 30 minutes - I will only LOOK - and not do anything else.
If I DO, I will confess publicly! And maybe in a few days I will have to adjust my experiment. That's why they call it an experiment.
OK - I have 13 minutes left to go and connect!
After finding the picture - I have 4 minutes left today!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Great you wanna leave a comment - that's why I write.
Feel free to DM me if you have private issues to chat about :)