Tips for reliable affiliate links in a blog

There is a trend going - and it has been going for years now. Producers, resellers, software developers and even charities are willing to pay you! They would love to pay you! If you get to sell their products, they want to pay you for it! Depending on the service, the product and the channel, referrals can actually be a nice way to support your blogging efforts.

blog
On my blog I've used several affiliate referrals on many different topics. Even the pictures I use from www.123rf.com  (referral link) I try to include a referral link.

First of all: Sharing a good product you use or love gives great satisfaction. At least to me! Second, I can use a little extra pocket money - even if it's just to pay for the different web-based memberships!

Truth to be told. It is not a milk cow. Not at all - at least not for me. Partly because I am very specific on referral links that I integrate. I will also not add general advertisements - those just side-track visitors from your website!

So here is my promise.
All referral link on this blog are 100% genuine. They are products or services that I honestly like. I am not going to promote anything I haven't used or experienced myself.
If I'm referring a book, I do so because I really believe it's a good book
If I'm referring a service, I do so because I enjoy the benefits of using it (or having used it) myself.
I can't promise YOU will like it - but I promise I did!


In a blog post about referrals, it only makes sense to give you my most liked products of the moment:
  • Livedrive online storage. After crashing my hard disk and having to pay over 1200euro ($1500), this service really seemed to make sense to me!
  • HootSuite - the best dashboard I've ever used to keep some order in all the social media streams!
  • Platform: Get Noticed in a Noisy World - my absolute guide to blogging etc! Michael Hyatt really inspires many people around the world - including me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great you wanna leave a comment - that's why I write.
Feel free to DM me if you have private issues to chat about :)