What I learned on the roof of a Brooklyn building on 9-11

picture taken by Tatiana from our office building
3 things I'll never forget because of September 11, 2001 - standing on the roof of our office building in Brooklyn, New York.

1. Nothing in life is to be taken for granted. Every day can hold bizarre, unexpected events. Live your life knowing that things won't always be the way they are...

2. Inside these situations, there are always few people climbing up the stairs, trying to rescue others - while most people are running down the stairs, trying to safe themselves.

3. There is nothing in life that brings people together faster than... disaster. I am sorry to say that this is true... I've never felt more connected to people living in my neighborhood than during the days following that crazy event... Never the less - let's do our very best to ALWAYS be availible for those around us ... no matter the circumstances.
_________________________________

Today my prayers are also for those that have lost loved ones during this dark day in 2001. I know some wounds never seem to heal... Abby's family, we're still praying for you.

1 comment:

  1. Love you Ferds. I find today hard, still. Never the same since.

    ReplyDelete

Great you wanna leave a comment - that's why I write.
Feel free to DM me if you have private issues to chat about :)