One of the biggest things i've enjoyed living in America, was the culture of 'the big dream'! The ability and the courage of people to stand up and cast their dream is inspiering to me! To believe in your own dream so much that whenever you talk about it, people are listening and fascinated! That's fascinating!
So I've started analyzing 'BIG DREAMING' and I have come to one conclusion:
To dream big, you simply shouldn't fear to fail.
Not that you don't calculate the risks, and make educated choices, but you simply don't fear the fact your dream to fail! Because fearing failure actualy paralizes you. If you constantly wonder what will happen if it won't work, you'll never actualy start doing it! Coming from a Dutch culture I have to admid that this fear of failure is engraved in my DNA, and I fight it every day. I constantly realize that once I start thinking about what can fail in our Tjeko project, I imedialty stop dreaming - and my strenght flows out of my system. But when I tell myself: This dream will work - and any failure I will take as part of the process to acheive our dream - I AM SO SUPER CHARGED! I love it!
Yesterday I was at the Business Development Network competition for Entrepreneurs who have a business dream for a development country, and who want to pitch their business plan to investors. In the competition itself you can 'win' an investment of 100000euro! That's a nice cookie on the shelve to be extra motivated to write the best Business plan (should I say 'Dream') you can ever produce! One of the guests was Pim Betist, the founder of Sell-A-Band, and now www.africaunsigned.com
He was telling us how he had this dream in 2001 to allow 'up-coming' band raise support in the social networks to get a record deal. Long story short, it really became a success, and then it really crashed. However! He believed in his dream, and restarted! And he's ok with it!
So - my own word of encouragement to my own self and to you: Don't let your fear of failure paralyze your ability to DREAM BIG.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Great you wanna leave a comment - that's why I write.
Feel free to DM me if you have private issues to chat about :)