Learning to stand!

I'm learning some hardcore lessons as we're developing Tjeko. Some are so GREAT, they make you float on air. Some are so RAW, they make you feel you're never gonna be able to shine again.
When I look at Tjeko, and the idea that it will be a complete new way of investing in the development world, I feel like i'm just now learning to walk!

Emeth (our 1 year old) just learned how to walk himself. We're fully aware that he's an early learner. He was cruising the house when he was 10 months old, holding on to the wall, the vacuum cleaner, or whatever he could get his hands on. Countless times he fell - but just as many times he got up again. His failure didn't stop him to keep going :) I guess it's because Ta and I try not to freak out when he falls, he thinks it's just part of learning. (you know those people that just start screaming, and grabbing their heads when their kids fall - so annoying!)
Funny, because I'm NOT like that at all developing Tjeko. I want to do it all perfect the first time, freaking-out when I think I might actually fall as I am trying...

I wish I had a bit more of that Emeth mentality. I will fall, but I will get back up again. I can't constantly fear to fall, because it will delay (or even cancel) my chances for success. Emeth might not realize it, but his determination to succeed in walking has put him ahead of his fellow '1 year olds' by a mile! As he's been so comfortable walking and falling, he's now already taking on climbing! Yesterday he climbed in the WINDOW, and as he turned to see if we were watching, he fell backwards, on the floor, ON HIS HEAD! And do you think it discouraged him from doing it again? No way - just this morning he tried again!  This kid is a future rugby player.

In order to succeed, you need to get over your freaking fear to fall. WHO CARES IF YOU DO - at least you learn from your falling. And you can be assured it will put you WAY AHEAD of the rest of the pack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great you wanna leave a comment - that's why I write.
Feel free to DM me if you have private issues to chat about :)