If you've ever been on a trip to a developmental part of the world (this could be even a poor neighborhood in your own city)...
If you've ever had personal contact with the people that lived in these parts of the world...
If you've ever been invited to share a meal at their table...
If you've ever looked around in somebodies 'house' and realized you have WAY too much stuff...
If you've ever... you know what i'm about to say is true...
These things move you...even to tears sometimes.
These things engrave themselves on your heart.
They make you promise yourself that you will be more considered...less consumer-ing...
Of course the 'normal life' takes its toll - but you know you need to do something for these people. The kids you have seen now for yourself. The ones you might even know by name.
This morning I was reminded in a fresh way about the vision we have. It was a video clip on the web that wasn't even related to Uganda. But as soon as I saw people repsond to the need in that video, my heart jumped up. "Children in Uganda!" I thought, and my desire to really keep going with our Fun Park was right back! I know we will open doors to Tjeko Fun Village one day.
If you've ever been on such a trip to a development part of the world, you might have been reminded yourself about the people you saw there... What can you do for the people you met back than...?
In this picture you see some of the boys and girls that lived next door from us in Jinja. I think we should invite them to ride bikes during our opening ceremony of Tjeko Fun Village one day. They would like that!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Great you wanna leave a comment - that's why I write.
Feel free to DM me if you have private issues to chat about :)