Top down? Bottom Up!

As I am writing BusinessPlan Tjeko 2.0, I realized I am approaching  the market from a traditional-point-of-view: what percentage of the market do we want in Tjeko Fun Village after 1-3 and 5 years...
This Top-Down strategy is a nice strategy on paper, i agree...

But in reality - in a market that's hard to define (Ugandan children age 6-14 in a 60km radius from Jinja- SO WHAT?!) - why not flip it around?! Let's say: we will build a park that we can finance, with a team of staff that we can manage, for a group of kids that we can TOTALLY adore for a day - every day!?!?
Now what is your calculation?! And what do you feel you can handle in 3 and 5 years? That's called a bottom-up approach. And when you can reason such an approach clearly, you'll actually look smarter!

Sure - traditionally you do a 'top-down' approach. But if your project is not traditional, don't use a traditional approach! Go for the Bottom-up approach. You'll look much more secure and firm in your presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Great you wanna leave a comment - that's why I write.
Feel free to DM me if you have private issues to chat about :)