It amazing what you can accomplish if you don't care who gets the credit.
H.S. Truman
I've always embraced this saying.
Ok - I've always tried to embrace this.
Not always easy right?
Haha - makes me laugh to think about it. I remember going with a HUGE AMAZING GREAT idea to my leadership at that time. They shot it down! At least, that's the impression they gave me. WILL YOU BELIEVE that they took that idea JUST A WEEK later, and broad casted it, as if it was theirs!?!?
Yep - had to suck that one up. But hey - made me stronger, and humbler.
You just can't be bothered by people stealing your great ideas :) As long as you can see that 'the greater cause' is being served! At least - that's how I feel now (until some looser steals my next idea of course).
Oh, ain't that the truth. The idea is great ... and you want to be humble ... but man it sticks when someone else is praised for your own ideas or actions. Happened to me last night. Was all I could do to just shut up and take it. Well... tell the truth I didn't ... I had to go off and whisper to someone else about how I felt disregarded :) (And it was just a computer game :) )
ReplyDeleteyeah - can't deny i told a few people myself that one time... grrr. even wrote a blog post about it.
ReplyDeleteMust have felt pretty weird to have that happen just recently and read this post :)