But when you think about this 'un-existing' word, you actually start wondering WHY it is not a real word! Because it made perfect sense to use it!
The teenagers in Brooklyn I used to work with were the absolute best in this. Not that they were trying, it just seems to come natural to inner-city kids. My all-time favorite is Chillax! "Yo son, don't get all t'ght, just Chillax baby!" For the ebonic readers, you already saw that this word is made out of 'chilling' and 'relaxing'. You see, it makes perfect sense!
This morning it happened to my wife. Could have been the 8 years of living in the inner-city. She looked at me and said: "We just really need to be sensebold when we something something..."Sensebold?!? I love it. It's a great addition to Wikipedia and Dictionary.com.
It should say something like: sensebold - being sensitive and bold at the same time.
I have found that most people are only one of the two, most of the time. Those that are bold, don't seem to be very sensitive. Those that are sensitive frustrate me at times, because they are often not bold! It frustrates me even more, because I recognize it in myself. When I try to be sensitive, I loose some of my boldness. Trying to make everybody feel good in the project is one of those moments...One person says something, and I can see where they are coming from. The next person says something completely different, and I still can see where they are coming from... But if one opinion is better for the project at large - I just need to be sensebold. You'll have to take a stand once in a while where your boldness is stronger than your sensitivity.
Recognize it for yourself? Than the task is simple. Be more sensebold!
(if somebody wants to add it to wikipedia - go right ahead)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Great you wanna leave a comment - that's why I write.
Feel free to DM me if you have private issues to chat about :)